Saturday 2 January 2016

Xmas comes again...

Way back in the summer Shirley and I were judging the first Norwegian National Fleece show. One night, on the farm where the show was hosted, we sat around a Norwegian fire pit cooking sausages and drinking beer into the wee hours, as you do. I was so impressed by this fantastic experience, especially the Norwegian Firepit. It was so fit for purpose I couldn't stop talking about it. So much so, that on my return to the UK I mentioned to an alpaca friend of mine Richard Kingston of Jigsaw Alpacas who I know works with steel. I showed him a photo asked if he'd look into how I might get one of these babies at TOFT and ...  blow me he only went and made me one. This evening he and his partner Laine delivered this magnificent UK version of the Norwegian Firepit for our enjoyment at TOFT.

My boat has come in. My cup runneth over and my wellies are dripping with joy.  The very second it stops raining, if it ever does, I shall spark this little baby up, cook sausages and 'bondy' tayties and invite friends and family round to drink beer and talk bollocks on the patio into the wee hours of the night. It's a must when you have one of these magnificent babies in your armoury! Best Christmas present ever- the best a man can get! Thank you Richard and Elaine I owe you big time. xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment